These light tea cakes are flavored with delicious toasted walnuts.
Walnut Russian Tea Cakes
Yield: 48 cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon black walnut extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract and black walnut extract.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until combined. Fold in walnuts.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop dough into 1-inch mounds. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven; while still warm, dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Cool on pans for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/