A dollop of crème fraîche and a sprig of watercress are a lovely garnish for Watercress Cream Soup.
Watercress Cream Soup
Yield: 8 (½-cup) servings • Preparation: 10 minutes • Cook: 40 minutes
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups sliced leeks (white part only)
- 1 (32-ounce) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (4-ounce) packages watercress, blanched
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: crème fraîche and 8 sprigs watercress
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add leeks, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and slightly caramelized, approximately 20 minutes. (Reduce heat if leeks start to burn.)
- Add chicken broth, watercress, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and add cream.
- Using an immersion blender, purée soup until creamy and smooth.
- Garnish individual servings with a dollop of crème fraîche and a sprig of watercress, if desired.
- • To blanch watercress, immerse it in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Remove from boiling water, and place in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Remove from ice water, drain well, and coarsely chop.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/