Herbes de Provence, watercress, and English peas combine to create scrumptious soup.
Watercress & Pea Soup
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (32-ounce) carton garden vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon herbes de Provence
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (12-ounce) package English peas
- 4 ounces watercress
- Garnish: ½ cup sour cream and watercress
- In a medium Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add broth, herbes de Provence, paprika, and garam masala; bring to a boil. Stir in peas and watercress. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; using a hand blender, blend until smooth. Serve warm.
- Just before serving, place sour cream in a piping bag fitted with a large open-star tip (Wilton #1M), and pipe a rosette onto each soup spoon, if desired. Garnish individual servings with watercress, if desired.