These Watermelon, Pancetta & Pistachio Canapés are simple and delicious. Canapés pictured with Olive–Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches and Mandarin Orange & Cashew Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches.
- 1 cup chopped cooked pancetta
- 1 cup roasted salted pistachios, finely chopped
- ¼ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup (¼-inch) cubed watermelon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pancetta, pistachios, bread crumbs, and egg whites. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan in an even layer.
- Bake until edges are deep golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut 13 pistachio rounds.
- Heat a medium nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add pistachio rounds; sear until crisp, approximately 1 minute per side. Let drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, stir together watermelon and mint. Spoon approximately 1½ tablespoons watermelon mixture onto each pistachio round. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!