White Chocolate and Pomegranate combine to create mouthwatering mini cheesecakes.
White Chocolate & Pomegranate Cheesecakes
- ¾ cup plus ⅓ cup white chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 cup roasted salted pistachios, chopped
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- Pomegranate Jam (recipe follows)
- Garnish: pomegranate arils, fresh mint leaves
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt ¾ cup white chocolate in microwave oven on high in 20-second intervals, stirring between each, until smooth. Add chopped pistachios, stirring well. Spread mixture on mat in prepared baking sheet. Top with a piece of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll white chocolate mixture to a smooth, even surface. Using a 2½-inch round cutter, cut 12 rounds in white chocolate, but do not remove from baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm. Remove rounds from baking sheet, discarding excess white chocolate, and store rounds in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Arrange oven racks so top rack is closer to broiler and second rack is in center of oven. Place a large sheet of foil on top rack. (Foil should cover rack.) Preheat oven to 300°. Spray a 12-well removable-bottom mini cheesecake pan with cooking spray. Wrap bottom of cheesecake pan well with foil.
- In another small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining ⅓ cup white chocolate in microwave oven on high in 20-second intervals, stirring between each, until smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together cream cheese and sugar until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cornstarch and vanilla extract, beating until combined. Add sour cream, beating until fluffy. Add melted white chocolate, beating until incorporated.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into each well of prepared pan. Spoon ½ teaspoon Pomegranate Jam in centers of batter in wells. Fill wells with remaining batter, covering jam. Place cheesecake pan in a roasting pan. Place roasting pan on center oven rack. Carefully fill roasting pan halfway with water, approximately 3 cups.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, approximately 1½ hours. Turn oven off, and leave cheesecakes in oven with door closed for 2 hours. Remove from oven, and remove cheesecake pan from roasting pan. Gently run a thin knife around each cheesecake to release sides from pan. Refrigerate cheesecakes in pan for 24 hours.
- Carefully remove chilled cheesecakes from pan by pushing up on bottom disk. Using an offset spatula, remove each cheesecake from metal disk, and place cheesecake atop a white chocolate round.
- Transfer remaining Pomegranate Jam to a small piping bag fitted with a small round tip (Wilton #2). Pipe jam in a decorative fashion on top of cheesecakes.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils and mint, if desired. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 cup
- ¾ cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil together over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is translucent, approximately 2 minutes.