This delicious and beautiful White Chocolate Pound Cake is a delightfully sweet treat, perfect for all kinds of holiday gatherings.
White Chocolate Pound Cake
Yield: 12 to 16 servings • Preparation: 30 minutes • Bake: 1 hour 25 minutes • Cool: 1 hour
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup whole buttermilk
- 6 (1-ounce) squares white chocolate, melted*
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar, sugared raspberries, and sugared fresh thyme†
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Spray a 10-cup fluted tube pan‡ with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, just until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt, whisking well. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour, beating slowly until combined. Add melted chocolate, stirring to combine. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 1 hour 25 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, sugared raspberries, and sugared fresh thyme, if desired.
- *For testing purposes, we used Baker’s Premium White Chocolate Baking Squares.
- †Brush raspberries with egg white, then sprinkle with sugar. Let dry on a wire rack overnight. To sugar fresh thyme, spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray, then sprinkle lightly with caster (extra-fine) sugar, tapping off excess.
- ‡For testing purposes, we used Nordic Ware’s Heritage Bundt Pan, nordicware.com.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/