This hearty crostini is topped with wild mushrooms sauteed with shallots, garlic, and beef stock making it ideal for a fall tea party.
Wild Mushroom–Ragout Crostini
Write a review
- 1 (8.5-ounce) French baguette, cut into 18 slices
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 pound wild mushrooms (such as oyster, crimini, and shiitake)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Garnish: grated Asiago cheese and fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Place bread slices on a baking sheet, and evenly brush with 1/4 cup olive oil. Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook shallot, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and garlic for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook until the mushrooms begin to brown, approximately 8 minutes.
- Pour in stock, and cook until reduced by half. Add cream, chives, thyme, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cheese. Place a spinach leaf on each crostino, then top with mushroom ragout.
- Garnish with grated Asiago and chives, if desired
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/