These scrumptious salmon canapés are perfect any time of day.
Salmon-Cucumber Canapés with Wasabi Aïoli
Makes 12 canapés
Write a review
- 6 slices firm white sandwich bread, such as Pepperidge Farm
- 1 English cucumber
- 12 thin slices smoked salmon
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon wasabi paste, such as S&B
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Using a 3-x-1½-inch leaf-shaped cutter, cut 12 shapes from bread slices. Set aside.
- Cut cucumber lengthwise into ¼-inch slices. Using the leaf-shaped cutter, cut 12 shapes from cucumber slices. Blot cucumber shapes dry on paper towels.
- Top each bread slice with a cucumber slice. Roll salmon slices into cone shapes, and place on top of each cucumber slice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and wasabi, stirring well. (If a stronger wasabi taste is desired, add more wasabi paste, a little at a time.) Transfer wasabi aïoli to a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe aïoli into salmon cones.
- Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- • Bread is easier to cut into shapes when frozen.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!