Apple-Cheddar Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 12 sandwiches • Preparation: 10 minutes
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 very thin slices Honeycrisp apple
- 24 (2-x-2-inch) slices firm white bread, toasted on one side, divided
- 12 slices sharp white Cheddar cheese
- Young pea shoots or microgreens
- Butter or mayonnaise (optional)
- In a cup, combine water and lemon juice. Add apple slices, and drain well.
- Place 12 bread slices toasted side down. Top each bread slice with a slice of cheese, cutting cheese to fit, if necessary. Top cheese layer with a slice of apple and pea shoots. If desired, spread a thin layer of butter or mayonnaise on untoasted side of remaining 12 bread slices. Place bread slices toasted side up
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!