Blueberry-Cherry Compote is a refreshing and sweet addition to afternoon tea scones and breads.
Yield: 2 cups • Preparation: 5 minutes • Cook: 15 minutes
- 2½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cherries
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (approximately 1 large orange)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, cherries, orange juice, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a small cup, dissolve cornstarch in water. Add to berry mixture, stirring until mixture thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve warm or cold as a condiment for scones or other breads.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!