In Nancy Coco‘s eighth Candy-Coated Mystery, Have Yourself a Fudgy Little Christmas, Christmas on Mackinac Island brings a flurry of festive activity for fudge shop owner Allie McMurphy—but also a body in a snowbank. All Allie wants for Christmas is for renovations to be finished on the Historic McMurphy Hotel and Fudge Shop so she can move back home for the holidays. But for now she’s staying in her friend Frances’ apartment, busily baking batches of holiday fudge. After someone leaves a mysterious note on the door to meet up, the curious fudge maker goes to the rendezvous with her Bichonpoo, Mal—only to discover a woman facedown in a snowdrift. With her dying breath, the woman gasps, “Frances.” The police suspect she named her killer, but Allie knows that’s impossible. She needs to wrap up this case before the trail runs cold—and give her friend the gift of freedom this Christmas season.
With fun recipes, cute pets, quirky characters, and an endearing young protagonist, the Candy-Coated Mysteries have the perfect ingredients for cozy mystery fans! This engaging book goes well with your favorite harvest tea blend and a spread of delightful teatime treats. Enjoy an exclusive Hot Cocoa Fudge recipe to savor during the holiday season too!
- 2 14 ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 2 packets of powdered hot cocoa mix
- ½ cup of mini marshmallows
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil and butter the foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl put one can of sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals. Stir in between until smooth.
- Add the hot cocoa mix and stir until smooth. Pour into pan.
- In a second microwave safe bowl, pour the second can of sweetened condensed milk and the white chocolate chips. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the white chocolate fudge over the chocolate fudge. Garnish with mini marshmallows. Chill until set.
- Cut into ½ inch pieces and enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Nancy Coco is the acclaimed author of the Candy Coated Mysteries, the Oregon Honeycomb Mystery series, a number of romantic suspense novels, Western historical romances, and four additional mystery series written under the name Nancy J. Parra. An Air Force veteran who rose to the rank of sergeant, Nancy is a member of an online group of female veterans–Military Women Who Have Turned Sword to Pen (RomVets.com). She is also a member of Mystery Writers of America and Sisters in Crime. Nancy lives in Oregon and is active on Facebook and Twitter. Visit her online at NancyJCoco.com.