These delectable Cranberry-Orange Scones are refreshing autumn treat.
Yield: 9 scones • Preparation: 15 minutes • Bake: 10 to 12 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- ½ cup cold butter
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs, divided and beaten
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and orange zest, whisking until incorporated. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cranberries, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and 1 beaten egg, stirring well. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Turn dough out onto a floured surface, and knead gently 6 to 8 times. Roll dough to a ¾-inch thickness. Using a 2½-inch round cutter, cut scones from dough. Brush scones with remaining beaten egg, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!