Enjoy these simple yet delicious Cucumber Canapés with Dilled Butter at your next tea. Pictured with Salmon Petits Toasts.
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 slices firm white sandwich bread, frozen
- 15 (⅛-inch-thick) slices English cucumber
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- In a small bowl, combine butter, snipped dill, and lemon zest, stirring to blend.
- Using a 1½-inch round cutter, cut 15 shapes from frozen bread, discarding scraps. Place bread rounds in a resealable plastic bag, or cover with damp paper towels until thawed.
- Using an offset spatula, spread a layer of dilled butter onto each bread round. Top each with a cucumber slice.
- Garnish each with a fresh dill sprig, if desired.
From TeaTime March/April 2017
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!