A bowl of velvety Curried Squash Soup is a perfect addition to any fall tea.
Curried Squash Soup
Yield: 10 servings • Preparation: 20 minutes • Bake: 1 hour • Cook: approximately 30 minutes
Write a review
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut in half, seeds removed and discarded
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed and discarded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Garnish: microgreens and truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place squash halves skin side up on prepared baking sheet. Rub squash with olive oil.
- Bake until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool. Using a spoon, scoop squash from skins. Discard skins.
- Place squash in the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse until pureed. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy-bottom stockpot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook until tender, approximately 12 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and squash puree, whisking together until smooth. Add curry powder, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium, and cook mixture for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with microgreens and truffle oil, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/