These delectable Dilled Orange-Salmon Canapés are full of flavor from fresh dill, lime zest, and cream cheese. Pictured with Walnut-Olive Palmiers (center) and Cucumber Canapés with Lemon and Sweet Onion (right).
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade, divided
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 (4-ounce) package thin-sliced smoked salmon
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, chopped dill, cream, 1 tablespoon orange marmalade, lime zest, 1 teaspoon lime juice, salt, and pepper. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining 3 tablespoons orange marmalade on Low in a microwave oven; stir until smooth. Add remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- Using a 2-inch triangle-shaped cutter, cut 12 shapes from bread. Place in a resealable plastic bag to prevent drying out, or cover with damp paper towels until needed.
- Using same cutter, cut 12 shapes from salmon slices. Set aside.
- Using an offset spatula, spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto bread triangles. Top each with a salmon triangle. Brush salmon evenly with orange-lime glaze.
- Garnish each canapé with a fresh dill sprig, if desired.
From TeaTime January/February 2015
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!