Dried plums and sweet Vietnamese cinnamon combine in a gluten-free scone that is simply tasty.
Dried Plum and Cinnamon Scones
Yield: 12 scones • Preparation: 15 minutes • Bake: 16 minutes
Write a review
- ¾ cup chopped, dried plums,
- such as Sunsweet Plum Amazins
- 2 cups very hot water
- 1½ cups gluten-free flour*
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons Vietnamese cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- ¾ cup cold heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 16-well wedge scone pan† with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine plums and very hot water. Let soak for 5 minutes. Drain plums well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, whisking well.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add plums, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, combine cream and vanilla extract, whisking to blend. Add to flour mixture, stirring to combine. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is uniformly moist.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Using a levered 3-tablespoon scoop, divide dough among wells of prepared pan, patting to distribute and to level.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Serve warm.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/