Dundee Biscuits, also known as Scottish oat cakes, dress up nicely when garnished with almonds.
Yield: 18 biscuits
Write a review
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 large egg, divided
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and oats. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and egg yolk; stir into flour mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to ½-inch thickness. Using 1½-inch round cutter, cut biscuits. Place on baking sheet. Brush with lightly beaten egg white and top with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime September/October 2006
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!