These English Pea Salad in Phyllo Cups are great any time of the year. Pictured with Radish-Poppyseed Tea Sandwiches.
English Pea Salad in Phyllo Cups
- 2 cups frozen baby English peas
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon minced shallot (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (1.9-ounce) boxes frozen mini phyllo cups, thawed
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- Place frozen peas in a colander. Run very hot water over peas for 1 minute to defrost. Drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine peas, mayonnaise, celery, olives, pickle relish, lemon juice, shallot, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Cover, and refrigerate until needed, up to a day.
- Just before serving, evenly divide pea salad among phyllo cups.
- Garnish each evenly with a dill sprig, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: Be sure to use baby English peas for this recipe, as other peas may be too large for the mini phyllo cups.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!