A taste of Tuscany comes right to the table in these Italian Spinach-Artichoke Crostini.
Italian Spinach-Artichoke Crostini
Yield: 36 crostini
- ½ (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup coarsely shredded fontina cheese
- ¼ cup minced canned artichokes
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 36 (¼-inch-thick) French bread slices
- Garnish: orange bell pepper strips
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place spinach in a colander, and rinse with water. Shake off excess water.
- Heat a medium nonstick sauté pan over high heat. Add spinach to pan, and cook just until wilted, approximately 1 minute, tossing constantly. Remove spinach to a small bowl, and let cool. Press out liquid, and finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, combine, spinach, Parmesan cheese, fontina cheese, artichokes, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes, stirring until combined.
- Divide spinach mixture evenly among French bread slices. Place bread slices on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until mixture is hot and edges of bread slices are golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Garnish with orange bell pepper strips, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Spinach mixture may be made a day in advance. Refrigerate in an airtight container until needed.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your copy of TeaTime, May/June 2013 today!