Fresh lemon, mint, and thin radish slices create delicate and delicious tea sandwiches.
Lemon-Mint Radish Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 8 tea sandwiches • Preparation: 25 minutes
- 4 slices very thin white sandwich bread, such as Pepperidge Farm
- 8 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1 recipe Lemon-Mint Aïoli (recipe follows)
- Garnish: lemon curls
- Using a 1½-inch round cutter, cut 16 rounds from bread slices. Cover with damp paper towels to keep from drying out, or place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Cover radish slices with damp paper towels to keep from drying out.
- Place a small dollop of Lemon-Mint Aïoli on each bread round.
- Top 8 bread rounds, aïoli side up, with 5 radish slices each. Top with remaining bread rounds, aïoli side down.
- Garnish each sandwich with a lemon curl and a mint sprig, if desired.
Make-Ahead tip: Once sandwiches are assembled, they can be covered with damp paper towels, placed in an airtight container, and refrigerated for an hour before serving. Garnish just before serving.
Yield: ¼ cup | Preparation: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until well blended. Cover, and refrigerate until needed.