These creamy Lemon Tartlets are topped with freshly whipped cream.
Write a review
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (1 sheet)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: lemon curls
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unroll pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut 6 rounds from pie dough. Press into 6 (2½-inch) tartlet pans. Place tartlet pans on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon cream, whisking to blend. Divide egg mixture evenly among prepared tartlet pans.
- Bake until filling is set, approximately 15 minutes. Let tartlets cool completely on a wire rack. Remove from tartlet pans. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup cream and confectioners’ sugar. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a large open-star tip (Wilton #1M). Pipe a decorative swirl on top of tartlet.
- Garnish with a lemon curl, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to a day and serve cold.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/