Traditional chicken salad is given a scrumptious upgrade in Poppy Seed Chicken Salad in Phyllo Cups.
Poppy Seed Chicken Salad in Phyllo Cups
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup finely chopped apple
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 green onions, minced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (2.1-ounce) packages frozen phyllo cups, thawed
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, apple, celery, and green onion.
- In another bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, poppy seeds, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Add to chicken mixture, stirring until well combined. Divide chicken salad among phyllo cups.
- Garnish with chives, if desired. Serve immediately.
Make-Ahead Tip: Chicken salad can be prepared a day in advance, covered, and refrigerated until needed. Fill phyllo cups just before serving.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!