Prosciutto, leeks, and fresh thyme add a savory flavor to pumpkin in these Pumpkin-Leek Tarts.
Yield: 6 tarts
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup chopped leek
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ (15-ounce) package prepared pie dough, room temperature
- 3 slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray 6 (4½-x-2½-inch) rectangular tart pans with removable bottoms with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add leek, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until leeks are soft. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, thyme, salt, and pepper, and whisk well. Stir in cooled leeks.
- Turn pie dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and roll into a 12-inch round. Cut into 6 (6½-x-4½-inch) rectangles. Press firmly into bottoms and up sides of tart pans, rerolling scraps as needed but no more than twice. Lightly prick bottoms with a fork.
- Pour pumpkin filling into tart dough. Top each with a slice of prosciutto.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven, and let cool in pans for 5 minutes. Remove tarts from pans. Garnish with a sprig of thyme, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/