These beautiful Radish Flower Canapés are delightful and delicious.
Radish Flower Canapés
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 12 slices white sandwich bread, frozen
- 6 radishes
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- In a small bowl, combine butter, cheese, and chopped mint, stirring until well blended.
- Using a 3-inch flower-shaped cutter, cut 12 shapes from frozen bread slices. Place bread flowers in a resealable plastic bag to prevent drying out and to let thaw.
- Using a knife, trim tops from radishes. Using a mandoline, cut thin slices from radishes. Using a knife, cut radish slices in half.
- Spread a thin layer of butter mixture onto each bread flower. Arrange 6 radish slices in a flower shape on top of butter side of each bread flower.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Make-Ahead Tip: Butter mixture can be made a day in advance, placed in a covered container, and refrigerated. Let come to room temperature before spreading. Bread shapes can be cut a day in advance and stored at room temperature in a resealable plastic bag.