Fresh veggies and roasted meat created scrumptious Roasted Vegetable and Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches.
Roasted Vegetable and Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 18 finger sandwiches • Preparation: 20 minutes • Bake: 30 to 35 minutes
- 1 cup ¼-inch carrot slices
- 1 cup ¼-inch parsnip slices
- 1 cup chopped (1-inch squares) red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped (1-inch squares) yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup ¼-inch sweet onion slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 9 slices whole-wheat bread*
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables, olive oil, herbes de Provence, salt, and black pepper, tossing until well coated. Spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until vegetables are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool slightly. Chop finely.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and roasted vegetables, stirring well.
- Spread 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture on each of 3 bread slices. Top each bread slice with a plain bread slice. Spread remaining 3 bread slices with remaining cream cheese mixture. Place each, filling side down, atop each plain bread slice.
- Using a serrated knife, trim crusts from sandwiches with a gentle sawing motion. Discard crusts. Cut each sandwich vertically into 6 slices.
*For testing purposes, we used Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Whole Wheat Bread.