Smoked Trout Tea Sandwiches to complete your savory tea sandwich selection.
Smoked Trout Tea Sandwiches
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package lemon pepper and garlic smoked trout fillet*
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creamy prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices large firm whole-grain white sandwich bread
- 6 thin horizontal slices English cucumber†
- Remove and discard skin from salmon. Rinse excess spice from trout, and pat dry. Flake trout into a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, horseradish, dill, lemon zest, and pepper, stirring to combine. Spread mixture onto 2 bread slices, topping with remaining 2 bread slices. Using a serrated bread knife, trim crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 3 rectangles.
- Remove top bread slices from each tea sandwich. Place a cucumber slice on each tea sandwich, and trim. Replace top bread slices.
- Serve immediately.
- †For even slices, use a mandoline.
- *We used Ducktrap River of Maine smoked trout.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your copy of TeaTime, March/April 2016 today!