These Spicy Curried Walnuts are simple to make and are a lovely Christmas gift for family and friends to enjoy during afternoon tea.
Spicy Curried Walnuts
Yield: 2 cups • Preparation: 5 minutes • Bake: 45 minutes
Write a review
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder*
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine egg white, sugar, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and salt, whisking until slightly foamy. Add walnuts, tossing to coat.
- Spread nuts onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake until nuts are dry and crisp, approximately 45 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- *For testing purposes, we used McCormick Hot Madras Curry Powder.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/