These tasty cookies have toothsome bits of toffee and walnut.
Write a review
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (8-ounce) package English toffee bits
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line several rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars. Beat at high speed with a mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract, beating to blend. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and baking powder, whisking well. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating to incorporate.
- Add toffee bits and walnuts, stirring to blend.
- Using a levered 2-teaspoon scoop, drop cookie dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Toffee-Walnut Cookies can be baked in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Let thaw before serving.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/