Our Strawberry Scones are delicious any time of the year!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup chopped freeze-dried strawberries, such as Just Strawberries
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour,
- ⅓ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add strawberries, stirring to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine ¾ cup cream and vanilla extract, stirring to blend. Add to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ¾-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch fluted cutter, cut 19 shapes from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cream, and sprinkle tops with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until edges of scones are light brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, approximately 18 minutes.
Recommended Condiments: Clotted Cream, Strawberry Jam