A traditional tea sandwich combination comes together in Watercress and Egg Salad Sandwiches.
Watercress and Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
Write a review
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- ¾ cup finely chopped watercress
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread
- Garnish: additional watercress
- In a medium bowl, chop eggs into small pieces, using a pastry blender. Add watercress, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper, stirring to blend.
- Spread a thick layer of egg salad onto a bread slice. Top with another bread slice. Repeat with remaining bread slices and egg salad. Wrap sandwiches lightly in plastic wrap, and freeze just until firm to make sandwiches easier to cut.
- Using a 1¾-inch fluted round cutter, cut 3 round tea sandwiches from each frozen whole sandwich. Cover tea sandwiches with damp paper towels, and let thaw completely at room temperature, approximately 45 minutes.
- Garnish with additional watercress, if desired.
- • Egg salad can be made a day in advance, placed in an airtight container, and refrigerated until needed.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/