The tasty White Chocolate–Almond Scones are delicious with or without clotted cream and lemon curd.
White Chocolate–Almond Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (4-ounce) bar white chocolate, chopped
- ⅔ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¾ cup plus 3 tablespoons cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Garnish: sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add white chocolate and almonds, stirring to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons cream and lemon extract, stirring to blend. Add to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a 1-inch thickness. Using a 1¾-inch round cutter, cut 18 scones from dough. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cream, and sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake until edges of scones are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Recommended Condiments: Clotted Cream, Lemon Curd
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!